Hope For The Missing


view:  full / summary

Amber Alert issued for 3-month-old girl, parents sought

Posted by Angel of justice on September 20, 2017 at 11:25 AM Comments comments (0)

Authorities are looking for Rex Cochran Jr. and Heather Cochran in the search for a missing 3-month-old. (Credit: North Carolina Department of Public Safety)

Rex and Heather Cochran took Cali Cochran from North Carolina, officials said.

They may be traveling to Valdosta or Ocala, Fla.

Cali is 20-inches-tall and 10 pounds. She has brown hair.

A 3-month-old girl who was abducted from North Carolina may be in Georgia, authorities said.

An Amber Alert was issued for Cali Cochran after Rex Cochran Jr. and Heather Cochran took her from Haywood County, according to officials. The North Carolina Department of Public Safety has not disclosed the relationship between the three, who may be traveling in a gray 1999 GMC Suburban K1500 to Valdosta or Ocala, Fla.

Valdosta is about 230 miles south of downtown Atlanta, and Ocala is about 80 miles northwest of downtown Orlando.

Cali is 10 pounds and 20-inches-tall, officials said. She has brown hair.

Rex Cochran, 39, is 5-foot-7 and weighs 185 pounds. He has brown hair and brown eyes.

Heather Cochran, 31, is described as 120 pounds and 5-foot-4. She has brown hair, green eyes and a “Faith” tattoo on the right side of her neck below her jaw, authorities said.

Anyone with information regarding their whereabouts is asked to call 911 or the Haywood sheriff’s office at 828-452-6666 or 828-452-6600.



Postal worker, mother of 2 missing from Houston

Posted by Angel of justice on September 20, 2017 at 10:50 AM Comments comments (0)

HOUSTON TX - A 28-year-old woman is missing and hasn’t been seen since last week

Gayla Trenice Roy was last known to be at her apartment complex, at 5050 Sunflower St.

A report came in Sept. 12, saying Roy was last seen about 9 p.m. Sept. 10, before going to work,.

Roy is employed by the U.S. Post Office and reports to the processing plant at 4600 Aldine Bender Road.

Co-workers said she worked Sept. 11.

Relatives said she was recently having issues with the father of her children, police said.

Roy drives a black Lincoln Continental that has not been seen, either. It’s a 2011 model with the word “Beast” written on both sides in chrome, and her Texas license plate reads JSZ-1087,

 The group said Roy is 5 feet 3 inches tall, weighs 135 pounds and has black hair that is often pulled back. She has pierced ears and wears dark purple plastic-framed glasses. Roy was last seen wearing a navy blue USPS hoodie, light gray leggings and black shoes.

Roy spoke to her father on the phone as she was leaving work, but never arrived at her home at Sunflower Terrace Apartments, and now her phone goes straight to voicemail. Roy has two young children and her disappearance is very out of character

Anyone with information about Roy is asked to call 832-394-1841.

UPDATE: Missing John Rassat Makes Contact With Family, Whereabouts Still Unknown

Posted by Angel of justice on April 10, 2017 at 12:25 AM Comments comments (1)

DARWIN — Authorities continue to look for a missing Darwin man in Meeker County.

Sheriff Brian Cruze says 32-year-old John Rassat was last seen at about 11:30 a.m. Friday.

Cruze says Rassat made brief contact by phone to his family Saturday night, however his whereabouts and well being are still unknown.

Rassat is described as white man 5’7”, 170 pounds, with hazel eyes, and brown hair. He was also wearing a gray sweatshirt, blue jeans, an orange hat and goes by the name J.D.

Anyone with information on Rassat’s whereabouts is asked to call the Meeker County Sheriff’s Office.



Read More: UPDATE: Missing Man Makes Contact With Family, Whereabouts Still Unknown | http://wjon.com/meeker-county-authorities-ask-for-help-finding-missing-darwin-man/?trackback=tsmclip

Desperate Search for Missing Clairemont Woman Last Seen 11 Days Ago

Posted by Angel of justice on April 10, 2017 at 12:20 AM Comments comments (0)

car was found on Santa Cruz Avenue in Ocean Beach, her children were out putting up missing posters and talking to people to see if anyone has seen her.

Debi Puente was last seen at a bar in Grantville on March 28, when she went out with friends after work. She was supposed to be at work on Friday, but never showed up. Her children say she was reliable and wouldn’t miss work without calling in.

When police found Puente’s car on Wednesday there was a parking ticket dated March 30. Police say there’s no evidence of foul play, but her children say missing work isn’t like her. They hope that people and businesses in the Ocean Beach area will be able to help find their mother, and they plan on posting signs downtown on Sunday.


Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Children-Continue-Desperate-Search-for-Missing-Woman--418744283.html#ixzz4dlopDK8Y

Follow us: @nbcsandiego on Twitter | NBCSanDiego on Facebook

Puente is described as 5 feet 4 inches, 115 pounds and has a large mole on her left cheek bone under her eye. Police do not know what she was wearing when she was last seen.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the San Diego Police Department at (619) 531-2000 or Detective Shelly Luna at the SDPD Missing Person’s Unit (619) 531-2277.



Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Children-Continue-Desperate-Search-for-Missing-Woman--418744283.html#ixzz4dloYjRkN

Missing Anthony Duncan Hillside NJ

Posted by Angel of justice on April 9, 2017 at 1:10 PM Comments comments (0)

Anthony Duncan age 25 was last seen at his home on North Union Avenue at about noon that day.


He was wearing blue denim shorts, a short-sleeve button-down shirt with front pockets, and blue and white slippers. He was listening to an iPhone with black headphones.


Duncan usually walks along North Union Avenue, near the border with Irvington, police said.


Police warned that because of Duncan's mental illness, he should not be approached.


They ask that anyone who has seen him call Hillside Police at 973-926-5800.

UPDATE Search suspended for DeKalb man missing from cruise ship

Posted by Angel of justice on April 9, 2017 at 11:50 AM Comments comments (0)

U.S. Coast Guard suspended its search Saturday night for a man from DeKalb County who went overboard from the ninth deck of a cruise ship.

Reco Scott (Credit: Facebook)

Reco Scott, 32, of Decatur, “was observed jumping from a cabin balcony” shortly before 5 a.m. Friday, Carnival Cruise Line spokeswoman Jennifer De La Cruz said in a statement.

At the time Scott went missing, the Carnival Liberty ship was about 10 miles northwest of the Berry Islands in the Bahamas.



Posted by Angel of justice on April 9, 2017 at 12:30 AM Comments comments (0)

More than 100 police officers and volunteers continued to search for Sivan Laviah on Saturday night after the mother went missing in the morning.

Laviah’s son died last week from apparent smoke inhalation when he fell asleep while helping his mother clean their burned apartment, which had caught fire on Tuesday.

Levi, 46, left the Tel Aviv suburb of Givatayim in the morning and since disappeared, police said. She was wearing gray slacks, a brown shirt and red sneakers. Police and volunteers searched throughout the Tel Aviv area.

A command center was established in the Yiftach subdistrict police station to coordinate the search. The police asks anyone with information on Laviah’s whereabouts to call (03) 630-4444 or the general police emergency number 100.

The mother and her 12-yearold son were both lightly injured when a table in their apartment in south Tel Aviv caught on fire on Tuesday, according to Channel 2. Two days later they returned to the apartment to clean it, during which they both fell asleep.

The boy’s grandmother summoned paramedics after she tried to contact Laviah with no success. Medical responders arrived at the scene and pronounced the boy dead.


Police told Laviah’s family to stay with her during the difficult period after the boy’s death and the women went to sleep in the grandmother’s home, but at 7 in the morning she found Laviah’s room empty.


While thousands of missing persons reports are filed with the police every year, around 60% of cases are solved in the first 24 to 48 hours. But if the missing person is not found within two days, the chance of finding him or her drops significantly.



Missing Brunswick County teen believed to be in Virginia

Posted by Angel of justice on April 9, 2017 at 12:25 AM Comments comments (0)

LELAND, N.C. — Authorities are searching for a missing 17-year-old Brunswick County girl who was last seen on Friday.


Mackenzie Gail Rogers was last seen around 11 p.m. at her home on Buckwood Court in Leland, North Carolina, according to the Brunswick County Sheriff's Office. She was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, black T-shirt, Carolina blue basketball shorts and black Vans shoes. 2


Rogers is a white female who is 5 feet, 5 inches tall, weighs 140 pounds, and has brown hair and brown eyes.


Authorities believe Rogers is with her ex-boyfriend, 25-year-old Christopher Brantner, in Norfolk, Virginia.


Anyone with information about Rogers should contact Det. Ashley Stout at 910-880-4902.


3 missing children found safe

Posted by Angel of justice on April 9, 2017 at 12:25 AM Comments comments (0)

GRAND RAPIDS, MI -- Police say three children who went missing Friday from a Southeast Grand Rapids home have been found safe.


Police issued an advisory at 11:30 a.m. Saturday that the children -- a 15-year-old girl, 8-year-old boy and 7-week-old boy -- had been missing since Friday afternoon.


Just more than an hour after the first advisory, police issued a new advisory that all three had returned home and were safe.


A teen is missing and Easton police want your help

Posted by Angel of justice on April 9, 2017 at 12:25 AM Comments comments (0)

Easton police are asking for help finding a missing 14-year-old.


The family of Kendra Perez is concerned for her well-being, city police said early Saturday afternoon in a news release seeking information on her whereabouts.


Perez is described as 5 feet 4 inches tall and 135 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. She may be wearing Addidas sandals with white socks, light blue jeans and a black windbreaker.


Anyone with information is asked to call Easton police at 610-759-2200 or Detective Chuck Leauber at 610-250-6780. Anonymous info regarding any police-related matter can be provided to 610-250-6635.




Rescue crews end search for missing boater on Saturday

Posted by Angel of justice on April 9, 2017 at 12:20 AM Comments comments (0)


Rescue crews have ended the search for a missing man on Saturday.


Shreveport Fire Department spokesperson Fred Sanders said they received a call regarding a possible body in Cross Lake around 3:30 p.m.


Three adults and four children were on the lake. Two children were swimming in the water when one child began to struggle. A man jumped into the water and was able to get the children back on the boat.


However, he was not able to get back on the boat and went missing.


Rescue crews with Shreveport, Bossier and the Louisiana Department of Wildlife were on the scene to assist. Crews continued to search into the evening before calling it a day.


Crews will continue the search on Sunday morning.


Lowell youth volunteer, missing since Jan., believed found in Merrimack River

Posted by Angel of justice on April 9, 2017 at 12:15 AM Comments comments (0)

LOWELL -- Investigators believe a body found in the Merrimack River in Amesbury Saturday morning is that of a missing 27-year-old Lowell man who jumped from the Cox Bridge in January.


Eddie Mercado, 27, jumped from the bridge on Bridge Street on Jan. 14 about 3 a.m., according to family members.


The incident prompted several days of searches in the river with boats, the city's Dive Team, and a State Police helicopter.


All the searches came up empty, though, as friends and family were left to wonder about the fate a young man who had battled back from a troubled childhood to become involved in programs at UTEC in Lowell. Mercado eventually went from a participant in the agency's programs to a volunteer who worked to help other youths who struggled with some of the same issues.


Carrie Kimball-Monahan, a spokeswoman for Essex District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett, said investigators believe the body is that of Mercado.


Amesbury police said in a press release that they were called to the area of 85 Pleasant Valley Road in Amesbury Saturday about 9 a.m., after a body was spotted floating in the Merrimack River.


Police and firefighters, with assistance from State Police, retrieved the body and took it to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Boston for identification, according the statement.


Amesbury interim police Chief William Scholtz told the Newburyport News that Mercado was identified via fingerprints on file with State Police.


Mercado spent part of his teen years in a gang and at one point was stabbed three times before he went to UTEC as a 17-year-old and turned his life around, getting his GED, a full-time job and becoming a youth advocate.


He was the father of a 4-year-old girl.


Among other activities at UTEC, Mercado was part of the push to lower the voting age to 17 in Lowell as a way of getting youths more involved in civics.


"He made voting cool for our young people," UTEC Executive Director Gregg Croteau said in February. "He made organizing and civics cool. To go to City Council meetings was cool."


Mercado was also one of 28 teenagers sworn in by former Gov. Deval Patrick to the first-ever Govenor's Statewide Youth Advisory Council, which sought to create policies that would better the lives of teens across the state.


Mercado would often share his past experiences with other youths as he sought to encourage them to stay out of trouble and get involved in their community.


"He gave them advice so they wouldn't get in trouble," said a brother, Edwin Mercado. "He was always positive."


Mercado said in February that his brother had seemed normal in the weeks leading up to the incident in January, so family didn't understand why he would have jumped.


About 150 people attended a dinner for Mercado in February as he remained missing.


Geoff Foster, of UTEC, said he hopes Mercado's life is not defined by his last moments.


"People may want to define him for this, but he made hundreds of great, amazing decisions," Foster said.


"Eddie was a voice for Lowell and UTEC," Croteau said. "He would genuinely care about other young people, and did a lot of good for people here in the community."


Follow Robert Mills on Twitter and Tout @Robert_Mills.





Read more: http://www.lowellsun.com/breakingnews/ci_30909059/lowell-youth-volunteer-missing-since-jan-believed-found#ixzz4disCfWHx




Read more: http://www.lowellsun.com/breakingnews/ci_30909059/lowell-youth-volunteer-missing-since-jan-believed-found#ixzz4dis5nvmV

Family and friends of longtime missing teen say goodbye while police revisit case

Posted by Angel of justice on April 9, 2017 at 12:05 AM Comments comments (0)

ST. PAUL, Minn. (KMSP) - Hang Lee's family has spent 24 years waiting for their daughter, their sister, their friend to come home. Now, after all this time, they are finally letting go.

Lee has been missing since 1993, disappearing on the way to a job interview at a small painting business. She was 17 at the time.

A special Hmong ceremony meant to release Lee's spirit drew a crowd of her friends, family and community members Saturday, but the mystery of what exactly happened to the teenager made saying goodbye difficult for some in attendance.

Family and friends of longtime missing teen say goodbye while police revisit case

"I'm holding on to my sister," Hang's brother Koua Lee said. "I don't want to let go."

"I'll never give up on thinking that she can come home," Tania Howey, a friend of Lee's, added.

Also making an appearance at the ceremony were the police officers who worked on her case--and are currently in the process of revisiting the details with new technology.

Officials are still looking for a breakthrough in the case after a longtime person of interest was arrested last August, hoping those charges against 54-year-old Mark Steven Wallace--alleged kidnapping, stalking, violating a no contact order and possession of methamphetamine--can breathe some life into the cold case.

Police say they plan to talk to Wallace soon.

Crime Stoppers Minnesota is offering an undisclosed reward for information on the case and encourages anyone who can help to come forward. The Crime Stoppers hotline is (651) 452-7463.


Crews suspend search for missing hiker in Ferguson Canyon amid bad weather

Posted by Angel of justice on April 8, 2017 at 11:55 PM Comments comments (0)

SALT LAKE COUNTY, Utah -- Twenty-five search and rescue volunteers, five UPD officers and one DPS helicopter scoured Ferguson Canyon Saturday in hopes of finding Benjamin Kritzer, a missing hiker from Saratoga Springs.


The search was eventually suspended around 3 p.m. due to bad weather.


"The weather is a little tricky with the rain, the hail and the Lightning," said Detective Ken Hansen with the Unified Police Department.


Police said Kritzer took Thursday and Friday off work to go hiking, but when he never came back friends and family got concerned.


Police found his car at the Ferguson Canyon Trailhead Saturday morning.


"They are checking the GPS tracks of all the search and rescue volunteers to see if we missed any part of this area," Hansen said.


Police said Kritzer is known as an experienced hiker, but if he ventured off the trail there is no telling where he may have gone or what he may have encountered. They fear he may have suffered some sort of injury.


"You know the mountains, with it being slippery and so much moisture this winter, these conditions may be a little bit different than what he is used to," Hansen said.


Gary Commagere lives in the area and hikes Ferguson Canyon regularly. He said it can be deceiving because the first three quarters of a mile are pretty easy.


"Then it gets really steep really quickly and a lot of loose gravel up there," Commagere said. "You could get yourself in trouble and not be able to come back down."


Police said they are optimistic Kritzer is still alive. Search and rescue efforts are scheduled to resume first thing Sunday morning.


"If he has any kind of survival skills and is maybe able to hunker down, it hasn't been that cold, hopefully we can get to him, get something too him as soon as we can," Hansen said.


Murder charges for ex-boyfriend in case of DC woman missing 8 years

Posted by Angel of justice on April 8, 2017 at 11:55 PM Comments comments (0)

WASHINGTON — Police have arrested and charged the ex-boyfriend of a D.C. woman who went missing without a trace eight years ago.



Pamela Butler was last seen Feb. 12, 2009. (Courtesy Metro PD)

Jose Rodriguez-Cruz, 51, of Fairfax, was cuffed and taken into custody early Saturday for his connection with the disappearance of Pamela Butler, who vanished outside her Northwest D.C. home.


He was busted in Arlington, Virginia, by the Capital Area Regional Fugitive Task Force and waived extradition.


Rodriguez-Cruz was charged with first-degree murder after being taken into custody in D.C.


At a news conference outside police headquarters, acting Police Chief Peter Newsham credited a “fresh set of eyes” on the cold case for the department’s ability to pursue an arrest and charges.


“In February of this year, Detective Michael Fulton of our cold case unit re-engaged on this case, had contact with the family, evaluated all of the evidence that we had on the case,” Newsham said. “But he looked at the case with a fresh set of eyes. He was able to determine some additional information, which suggested a troubled history of domestic violence” for Rodriguez-Cruz.

Newsham said Detective Fulton was able to piece the new information together alongside evidence that had already been collected to obtain a warrant for first-degree murder.


“It’s our belief that this is a domestic violence case, but we can’t get into the specifics at this time,” Newsham said.


Pamela Butler’s brother, Derrick Butler, also spoke at the news conference.


“We’re happy that this is now coming to and end,” he said. “It feels good to know that someone’s actually going to pay for it now.”


He hugged Newsham after addressing the crowd.


For Mayor Muriel Bowser, it shows that D.C. police don’t quit.


“What I think is important is that the community knows that MPD never stops pursuing cold cases,” Bowser said. “We hope that it will bring closure to her family and friends and justice to us all.”


Butler’s family said they were relieved but not surprised by the arrest of Rodriguez-Cruz.


“We got an arrest and that’s what we’ve been wanting since day one. We knew it from day one. He did it,” Derrick Butler said.


Butler’s mother Thelma still feels the pain of losing her daughter.


“She was a loving, caring person [and there was] nothing that she wouldn’t do for me.”


Pamela Butler, who was an Environmental Protection Agency analyst, was last seen Feb. 12, 2009.


She was 47 at the time of her disappearance.


Her body has yet to be found.


Butler was declared dead in August.


Newsham took time to thank the police department’s cold case unit and the Butler family.


WTOP’s Dick Uliano contributed to this report.






Search continues for DeKalb man missing from cruise ship

Posted by Angel of justice on April 8, 2017 at 11:50 PM Comments comments (0)

U.S. Coast Guard officials are searching for a Decatur man who went missing from a cruise ship. (Credit: Twitter/USCGSoutheast)

Crews continued to search Saturday for a metro Atlanta man who went missing from a cruise ship in the Bahamas, officials said.


“@USCG Cutter Charles David Jr. crew searching for missing cruise ship passenger,” U.S. Coast Guard officials said in a Twitter post.


Reco Scott, 32, of Decatur, “was observed jumping from a cabin balcony” shortly before 5 a.m. Friday, Carnival Cruise Line spokeswoman Jennifer De La Cruz said in a statement

At the time Scott went missing, the Carnival Liberty ship was about 10 miles northwest of the Berry Islands in the Bahamas. The ship, which departed from Port Canaveral, Fla., was en route to Nassau, De La Cruz said.


The ship’s command immediately turned the vessel around and began search procedures,” she said.


The cruise ship went on to Nassau later Friday, De La Cruz said Saturday morning. “Later today, it will start heading back towards Port Canaveral, its homeport.”



Reco Scott (Credit: Facebook)

Coast Guard officials said Friday they are using a helicopter and a ship in the search for Scott.


“We extend our thoughts and prayers to his family and loved ones during this difficult time,” De La Cruz said.


Earthquake AlertAt 8:47PM a magnitude 3.9 was reported in Payne County Pittsburg County Authorities Locate Four Missing Teens

Posted by Angel of justice on April 8, 2017 at 11:45 PM Comments comments (0)

Pittsburg County Authorities Locate Four Missing Teens


Posted: Apr 08, 2017 8:32 AM EDT Updated: Apr 08, 2017 3:08 PM EDT



CANADIAN, Oklahoma - Authorities in Pittsburg County say they've located four teenage girls who went missing Friday afternoon from the community of Canadian.

Pittsburg County Emergency Management posted photos of the four teens, Alicia Bristol, Destiny Scott, Cierra Kiesweter and Jorjia Spradley on its Facebook page early Saturday.


All four were between the ages of 13 and 14.


Authorities thanks everyone who helped to look for the teens.


Missing woman found after daylong search effort

Posted by Angel of justice on April 8, 2017 at 11:40 PM Comments comments (0)

MINNEAPOLIS (KMSP) - Minneapolis Police announced Saturday evening they have located a 27-year-old woman who has been missing since March 24.


Officials confirmed Hani Jama was found in Minneapolis after a daylong search effort by friends, family and community members. She spoke with officers, but no further information was available on Jama's whereabouts or well being.

According to the original police report, a family member drove Hani Jama the Hennepin County Medical Center clinic in downtown Minneapolis on March 24. While they were there, Jama took the car and the family member’s cell phone.


Missing woman found after daylong search effort

The car was found unoccupied a week later near the intersection of 24th Street East and 5th Avenue South.


Police said Jama has a medical condition that requires daily medical care, which increased the urgency of Saturday's search efforts.






Woman missing after kayaking along Sausalito waterfront

Posted by Angel of justice on April 8, 2017 at 11:40 PM Comments comments (0)

A 26-year-old woman who lives aboard a boat in the Sausalito Yacht Harbor is missing, prompting police to seek the public’s help finding her.

Ashley Wells vanished between 12 a.m. and 2 a.m. March 30 after she was spotted paddling an orange kayak south of a channel off Turney Street toward her home, said Sgt. Steve Veveiros, a Sausalito Police Department spokesman.

Wells, who split her time between Sausalito and her native Missouri, lived on a boat at Pier A of the harbor, where she worked as a boat hand, Veveiros said.

Her employer reported her missing April 2 after sending her several unanswered texts and reaching out to another friend who hadn’t heard from her, Veveiros said.

All of her belongings, including her phone, were found on the boat where she lives, police said. She was not believed to be wearing a life vest, said Veveiros, adding that foul play was not suspected.



Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.